Wednesday 7 December 2016

Choices


“Family dinners, mildly entertaining events that sometimes leave you questioning your genes. Like almost always, the two families were on the dinner table busy talking about a lot of stuff that didn’t matter and some that did.  Amidst forced small talk popped the most irritating question of all times,” beta, what are you planning to do later in life? My parents started before I could breathe out the answer, she’s doing medicine, she studies all day, she is the topper of her class, we’re so proud of her, blah, blah, blah. On hearing this the couple fake smiled and proceeded by taunting their daughter. “did you hear that? she’s in med school and you are dancing still stuck in that fantasy of yours. She’ll be successful while you’ll stay in this small institute. Both she and me looked at each other with sad eyes. The pain was so evident that one could read their thoughts, except for the only people who were expected to. You could tell the difference of emotion in them, her eyes screamed hurt for her own parents had rejected her while mine were envious for she was brave enough to chase her dream despite the rejection.”

Choices. We have to make them all the time. Some easy and small ones, some life changing ones. They are not easy to make and they often put you in a dilemma. How do we know if it’s the right choice?

We are often told that the right one is the one that makes your heart flutter, satisfies your gut, agrees with your loved ones.
I wouldn’t agree to the least

Decisions are made after thinking many things through, the heart, instinct does play a role but to depend on them to make life decisions is too dreamy even for me :p

Most of my close friends are at the turning points of their lives, they are ready to start the next important chapter. In these times decision making becomes a rather difficult and emotional process. At such a tender age we face various hurdles while making decisions. I personally think that when such things are concerned we should take a stand and decide for our own selves rather than listening to the “society”. Taking aid from people that are important in your life is not wrong but letting them choose for you is.

By this time, we have a fair idea of what we like doing. Deciding what you want to do for the rest of your lives sounds huge but in reality the answer to this decision is quiet simple.

Do what you like to do.
One sentence. That’s all. Each one of us has at least one thing that exhilarates us, makes us happy, something that we can do all day, something that we call our strength.

I refuse to accept that anyone of us is “average” in fact I hate that word. No one is average its just that our social system defines “intelligence” in such a narrow way that someone with a 60% is simply termed average. We all have something unique, special about us, even if does doesn’t fit in what we are accustomed to call a “constructive degree” or “intelligence”. Being the next generation it’s our responsibility to think differently, to pave the way for our own selves and the ones to come.

So what if you suck at science or math seems like Greek to you, that does not define your intelligence. We are all unique. If we all start doing the same things, what is the point? if we become clones, what is the point?

Before deciding anything ask yourself, does this make you happy? Will you be able to do it for the rest of your life without losing that drive? Are you ready to fight for it?

Asking yourself, giving it thought will definitely help you make the right choice. And don’t be afraid, even if it’s not the right one you still have the time the change to what makes you happy, it’s never too late. But ultimately the goal is to achieve happiness. I know that money and respect are equally important but if you have all the money in this world and nobody to share it with, nothing to do with it, then what is the point?

Look at it from an individual point of view, not from another’s eyes. Let yourself lose, feel inspired, learn, nurture because these are the things that will mould your life.

And most important of all, remember to love yourself no matter what you chose, don’t be too hard on yourself, it will never help.

I hope all of ya’ll make the right choice!
Lots and lots of love,
Girl Online.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Guys, after my recent posts a lot of you have been asking me if the small stories that I write before my blog (the part in italics) is from a book that I’ve read or from another source. To answer your question, no I write that on my own. Everything that I write here is purely what I feel. But in case you want to read more about the themes that I write on, please message me on my social media, I will definitely recommend some of my favorites.

1 comment: