Tuesday 13 December 2016

Alive


So just recently, I watched a movie that I instantly fell in love with, it’s called ‘The bucket list’.
It’s about two men from completely different backgrounds who end up unfortunately or fortunately next to each other in a hospital room with just six months left before they die. Complete strangers with completely different beliefs decide to go on a trip to complete the bucket list items that each of them had written down as a joke. Turns out that in these last few months when they were just a step away from death, they learned how to live life in its true meaning. The traveled all around the world crossing off items one by one from their list but most of all they discover things about each, about themselves that they hadn’t come across all their lives. The movie ends in one of the two passing away while the other finally learning how to live life in the way it’s supposed to be lived.

Something about that movie or maybe the thought that it put me in made me reflect upon the most daunting truth of our lives; what if we don’t get a prior notice before we fall in the depths of death, what if we don’t get a chance to fulfill our bucket list? what if on the day of our death just before we are about breathe our last breath we realize how much we regret the things we did in life and the things we didn’t?
Can you imagine how worthless everything will be if we spend the last few minutes of our life regretting instead of reminiscing? Well I can imagine and I cannot explain just how much it terrifies me.
Now this might sound cliché but it is the truth, the only way to live a ‘successful life’ is to live it, each day. It does seem next to impossible and believe me it took me a while to comprehend it as well but now that I’m in the process of understanding, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I regret more than half of the days I lived.
I don’t want to repent any decision I make henceforth, I don’t want to go to bed calling it an unsuccessful day, I don’t want to waste any more time regretting.
As far as wrong decisions are concerned we must know that we make choices because they seem right at the moment but sometimes when the outcome doesn’t turn out great, we call them mistakes.
So why repent?
Each one of us has a different definition of a perfect life. A perfect life cannot be measured by the amount of money that one makes, number of goals one scored in a lifetime, the number of countries one conquered. A perfect life has a unique meaning and each one of us should look for our true meaning. Each day is a small addition to our perfect life so waiting for the one day is not a very smart move because that one day might be great but the others that you wasted weigh its importance down.
It all might be too much to take and it is for me too but the sooner we realize, the better because then we have more chances to make that perfect life.
Think about it and I’m sure you’ll find a way to make each and every day count. I will not say “it’s never too late’ today because time is slipping away and there will never be enough time.

I aspire to spend those last few minutes of my life smiling, reminiscing, ready to start the new chapter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I hope this touched your heart like it touched mine💙

Truckloads of love,
Girl online.

5 comments:

  1. Dis amaze I'm so proud of you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing choice of thoughts and the way you put forward your ideas festoons your writing! Indeed a magical one.... Keep it going ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really good at this❤️

    ReplyDelete