Monday 16 October 2017

Contentment

Contentment
kənˈtɛntm(ə)nt/
noun;
          a state of happiness and satisfaction

I know I haven’t been around much to talk or share things with you guys but today after quite some time I thought of something worth sharing. These past few months have been an overwhelming series of ups and downs. So much that I am happy about, and so much that I wish I could erase from my memory permanently but it’s all happened and I’m okay now. It’s in these few months that I realized something I found very difficult to comprehend earlier.
I learnt to be happy irrespective of what was going on around. Now I might sound a little crazy when I say this because how can you be happy if people around you are hurting or someone made you sad or if things aren’t working fine?! That’s exactly how I used to think until I realized that horrible things happen all the time and they’re inevitable, but does that mean that we must immerse ourselves in sadness till something good happens?
We are dependent on others when it comes to how we feel, so much so that we have become a reaction to the world around us. Our circumstances have made us lose our identity. What you and I need is to become independent. Of course, we will feel a certain way about a certain situation but if you’re letting that emotion take over you, you’re messing it up.
Draw a line, a boundary that tells you it’s time to change into a fresh pair of clothes and get on. The moment you start doing that, you take your first step on the ladder of contentment. In most of my posts before I’ve told you to start doing things that make you happy. I for one have started singing along to my favorite music even when I sound like a crow, I leave my curtains open more often, letting sunlight stream in, I eat whatever I like, smile as much as I can. Cliche much? Well it may seem like that, but I am starting to feel better, happier.
I felt like I had lost myself owing to the circumstances around me. I felt so far away from who I truly was that I was scared I’d never be able to see the old me. I could sense it, see it. How different had my approach become, how strange my reactions were, how less my patience was. It was difficult, it always is but you cannot cry about it forever, can you? Give second chances and learn to take them too. These days when I’m sad I give myself time, but I refuse to wait for another to turn it around for me, I do it myself.
I hope reading this makes you realize that you can be happy too and there really has to be no one but you to do it. This is probably not the best I’ve written but it means a lot to me. To be able to tell you all that there is a way and that I’m trying it too is something I am happy about.
I don’t think I need to give you happiness today, you see it’s lying right within you😊
Thank you for making time and reading this!

Love, love and more love,
Girl online.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! For some reason, this post really clicked to me.

    ReplyDelete